Saturday, January 21, 2012

Czeching In!

Ahoj (this means "Hello" in Prague so naturally whenever someone says it I feel the urge to reply in a pirate voice and add "matey" to the end). Also, don't worry, I promise I only have a few more Czech/check puns to use then I will stop.

Thursday night I had a nice dinner at Morton's Steakhouse with Mom, Matt, and Peter. Friday, we headed to Tavern on Rush for a good brunch before Mom and Matt dropped me off at O'Hare. As nervous as I am right now, I feel so lucky and so happy.

My flights went smoothly after a two hour delay on the runway in Chicago. Flying in the snow storm made me a little uneasy at first but it was peaceful and beautifully eerie to be above those heavy, dark clouds. The fog was so thick landing in Frankfurt that I couldn't see anything until just moments before we hit the ground. Once in Frankfurt, our small group from Chicago met up with a lot of the other students in our program and caught a connecting flight to Prague. We met our Resident Director there and took a bus to our apartments. As punishment for being one of the last kids to sign up, I was placed in an apartment further away from the others and the school and for the first couple of nights will be in a hotel nearby. I'd be a lot less bitter about this had I packed less; I'm really regretting the amount of luggage I brought.

It is snowing in Prague, and driving over the Vlatava River on our way into Old Town made me so excited to explore my new city.

No comments:

Post a Comment